All athletes traveling to Alabama to play USC teams must acknowledge and sign the ASA Communicable Disease waiver. USC and ASA are not responsible for players who do not voluntarily sign this waiver.
In accordance with the current Madison County and state of Alabama mask ordinance in place until August 31, 2020:
ORDER OF THE STATE HEALTH OFFICER SUSPENDING CERTAIN PUBLIC GATHERINGS DUE TO RISK OF INFECTION BY COVID-19 (APPLICABLE STATEWIDE) AMENDED JULY 29, 2020
11. Athletic activities. Effective May 22, 2020, at 5:00 P.M., persons attending or participating in athletic activities shall comply with the following rules:
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND ANY USC TRYOUT, PRACTICE, GAME, or EVENT until further notice:
1. Is your temperature over 100 degrees? DO NOT ATTEND.
2. Have you had a temperature over 100 degrees in the last 48 hours? DO NOT ATTEND.
3. Have you knowingly been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19? DO NOT ATTEND.
4. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, or a sore throat? DO NOT ATTEND.
5. New loss of taste or smell? DO NOT ATTEND.
6. Vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours? DO NOT ATTEND.
7. Are you awaiting the results from a COVID-19 test for any reason even if you are asymptomatic? DO NOT ATTEND.
United Soccer Club will implement the US Soccer, ASA, and USYS mitigation strategies outlined in several Return to Play guidelines set forth by governing bodies and by the state of Alabama. Specific questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Exposure is defined by the CDC as close contact with a positive COVID-19 individual, within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes.
Any athlete, parent, coach, or staff member who has knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 should not come to the fields for a minimum of 10 days. “When in doubt, please sit out.”
All participants will be required to sign the ASA COVID-19/Communicable Disease waiver prior to any participation.
If any athlete or coach who tests positive for COVID-19 or has an immediate family member in the same household test positive, the club will immediately notify the team members and any other staff the coach or athlete has come into contact with. Exposed coaches and athletes will quarantine based on CDC & AL Dept of Health recommendations at the time of exposure. All PHI will be kept confidential.
Any Coach who tests positive for COVID-19 or has an immediate family member test positive in the same household will notify the DOC immediately. Any coach who tests positive or has an immediate family member test positive will quarantine as recommended by the CDC and AL Dept of Health at the time of exposure.
Any athlete who tests positive for COVID-19 or has an immediate family member in the same household test positive will notify their coach(es) immediately. Any athlete who tests positive or has an immediate family member test positive will quarantine as recommended by the CDC and AL Dept of Health at the time of exposure.
- Will notify coaches and families of any confirmed USC COVID-19 infections or exposure if it is reported to the USC Board or DOC.
-Expects coaches, assistant coaches, staff members and volunteers to comply with all COVID-19 mitigation strategies.
- Will check own temperature BEFORE arriving at the field to ensure nothing > 100+ degrees. If temperature is >100 degrees, coach will notify DOC immediately and will not attend practice.
- Will wear a mask when in direct conversation with athletes, parents, or other coaches and 6-ft social distance cannot be kept.
- Will discourage group huddles or high fives.
- No pinnies will be used and no "shared" equipment other than soccer balls.
-Will do their absolute best to facilitate and encourage social distancing during breaks, etc. (Coaches will ask, remind and encourage but please reiterate to your players to remember to spread out.)
-Will design practices and trainings with separation strategies in mind if possible.
- Will check temperature BEFORE arriving at fields to ensure no temperature over 100 degrees is detected. Anyone feeling symptomatic in any way is encouraged to stay home and let your coach/manager know. All participation is voluntary.
- Will bring their own sanitized ball. (as of 8/1/20)
- Will bring their own hand sanitizer to keep in their bag.
- All non participating bystanders are encouraged to wear masks to the fields when in direct conversation with others. Watching events from your personal car is strongly encouraged or dropping players off and leaving the venue is the safest option to minimize contact.
- Bathrooms will be closed until further notice.
- NO spitting will be permitted.
- Will bring their own water jug and not share drinks or snacks with anyone else.
- Will not bring extra equipment or bags or share personal equipment (guards, gloves, etc.). Players agree to spread out water jugs, etc. on their designated sideline.
- Carpooling is discouraged outside your immediate family.
- Will wait in the car until practice time to help groups leave before others arrive. No more than (1) non-essential participant should be at the field with your player.
- Will practice social distancing of 6 feet minimum until further notice.
- Will sign and return the mandatory ASA COVID-19 waiver before participating in activities.
- Will check temperature BEFORE arriving at fields to ensure no temperature over 100 degrees is detected.
- Masks are REQUIRED across Alabama for everyone not directly involved in the game when they are within 6 feet of a person from another household (extended until Aug. 31, 2020)
- Each team coach is responsible to adhere to Governor Ivey’s Safer at Home Guidelines and any additional local ordinances
- Upon arriving to the field, Social distancing guidelines between different households during the entire game day must be followed